Monday, June 25, 2007

Moon Encounter on Hwy 5



The last time I went down to visit my dad, I left very early in the morning. The sun wasn't up yet and I was already past Livermore and well on to the droned flatness of Highway 5. I love driving at that time of the morning because the colors of the dawning day are so vivid and fresh. The oat colored hills start coming alive in the morning light and the changing of moon and sun guard is as visible as an IMAX theatre. So it was during this time that the full moon in its setting glory had my complete attention. I pulled over in the rest stop and was frantically trying to find my camera for a picture of this glorious scene. It seemed pathetic to try and catch this on film (uh, well on digital film). I knew my camera wouldn't really be able to capture this. So I calmed down and resigned myself to a 'in the moment' experience. I believed so strongly that my mother was watching also from wherever she has landed.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye, this guy with a "GOOD" camera was snapping away! I ran over to him with my business card and asked him if he would mail me the pictures he was taking. He seemed like he was in a hurry and took my card and said, "sure, sure." That was weeks ago. In fact the full moon is just coming around again. So lo and behold I got the pictures just the other day in the email! He captured the beauty of the moon setting so beautifully! Turns out he was on his way to his Aunt's funeral down south. His name is Ching Chang. And if you ever need a realtor in Davis - here is his biz info.
cychang@juno.com
College Town Realty
522 G St Davis, CA 95616
work:(530) 753-1500 cel:(530)219-5173
Fax: (530) 753-1503