Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"...what we call death is only a change."

These words, written by Hazrat Khan, are a reflection of the same thing spoken of by many many teachers and pupils of a spiritual path. But when I'm in the middle of that change, I don't want to hear about it...I don't want to accept it and I don't even want to change the feeling of resistance. So while in a grief state, I hold that one truth out there - like it's in a distant field that I may eventually get to. But for now, the sadness and the pain of my loss are greater than any other vision.

On day 24 though, I can recognize the shift of grief, another perception of this transition. "When we see life end suddenly, we call it death...and once that word is spoken it is the end of the matter for us. But the word is never silent, it continues, if not in this then in another sphere." I am changing. Life is changing me. "It is like turning life inside out. We are walking on the same earth under the same sun, but we are looking at a different world with different eyes. Life is a different life to us and the meaning of every word is different."*

I can feel mom moving on - a distance growing between us. As the physicality dissipates, the spiritual increases. She has returned to her source and will come back to me millionfold. I just have to be awake for her visits.

Hazrat Khan- pg. 41 "Mastery"