Friday, April 20, 2007

Memories


Wow. My nephew-in-law, Chris Smith did this montage of photos for our family. I immediately got choked up and filled with emotion as I looked at the picture, realized the work it took to bring it together and "felt" the image of Gloria looking over all of us.

In this process of good-byes, I feel her presence around me - a slight shadow accompanying me through my days. Its a happy sensation, one of comfort that says, "Hey I know you're missing me. But I'm right here and I'm gonna stay here as long as you need me to." When I have a reprieve from the personal sadness, I am able to feel happy for her - that she has been moved on to the next level. From what I've read and heard, the next level is pretty darn great. And I know that she completed what she wanted and needed to do on this planet. She raised us, she loved being a mother and housewife. She loved seeing what we three girls were up to. She often lived vicariously through us, especially in her later years. I wouldn't have wanted her to live a moment longer than she did. Where she is at today is way better than I can ever imagine.

And now its up to me to live my life as fully as I possibly can because I really do know, without denial - that my time as a human being is limited.