Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Birthday

So it's my birthday today. 52 years old. My mom died at 81 years old. I'm in a wake up call mode. Life is looking a little shorter these days. Have I lived the life I've wanted? Am I the person I want to be? Am I doing my life's work? The work that God designed for me? These are the questions I ask people while coaching. These are the kinds of things that we highlight and look at for the nuggets to help them live more happily and more joyous. And I ask myself the same questions and do the same work with my mentor. But it is all highlighted in bright yellow - these questions. And the answers? They are unfolding with a plea of patience to stay in the present and enjoy what I have. And I do have so much to be grateful for.

My brother-in-law, Bob lost his mother last year. Asking for a sign that she is near, Mary Brower gave her family pennies. Random pennies showing up in random places at just the right time. We found pennies while my mom was alive in the hospital and going between the different worlds of consciousness. We found a double penny at the mobile and promptly attributed it to Mary taking care of Gloria and showing her the ropes of heaven. And they showed us with double pennies.

Today, coming back to my hotel room, there was a penny outside my door. It wasn't there before because I had picked up a newspaper from that very place. Nope, this was a penny with a strange bright red stain on it. Red, a color my mother would have picked out for me. I think this penny was from my mom saying, "Happy Birthday Honey! and I love you!"
Thanks mom!