Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My Teacher Rocks!

I've mentioned before that I'm studying with Wynn Tamura of www.mindbodyintegration.net. I'm also a client of his. I don't ask clients of mine to do anything that I haven't already experienced. I like testing the waters for others. Today I hobbled in to see Wynn, hoping for some relief from the bicycle tumble I took 15 days ago. I got what I wanted plus being blown away once with potency of matching the subconscious physical holding with old belief systems.

He hooked my right leg that had been stuck in pain since the accident around his arm while sending energy down the other leg. Actually I don't know what the hell he was doing but I plan on learning it! The pain had been sharp from day one and unlike the other aches and pains, did not change in focus or intensity. Wynn said to me, "Oh this isn't really about the accident. This is an old belief that you're holding on to."

Now granted, I'm the first to roll my eyes and say "Oh Brother!" when hearing these kinds of statements. I've heard this kind of thing from others and not been able to believe the practitioner nor trust them in any letting go fashion. However I have been working with Wynn for over three years and I do trust him. He had me go inside to my emotions and there it was. A very very old belief system that still rules my life. I was able to feel its weight and the tears rose to the surface, the emotional pain exposed. Ahhh acceptance. There it is. The sharp pain that had been dogging me for 15 days left. Just like that. It left.

Will it come back? Maybe. But it won't have the stronghold it had before, lounging in my denial. Did I know I was in denial? Nope. But I know now, what that looks like. Because the subconscious belief/wound is now much more conscious, I can make choices that I couldn't see before. Who knew? Who knew that such an old old belief could wreak such havoc in my poor ol beat up body? And yes, the accident can be seen as a gift...a way to release more stuff that isn't true and isn't necessary.
This work rocks!!