Saturday, September 01, 2007

Will Mom help the Notre Dame football team?



Today is the first game of the season for Notre Dame. Dad says its gonna be tough - that Georgia is a tough team and the Notre Dame's team isn't experienced enough this year. But I wonder, I wonder if mom in her heavenly spirit will cast an angelic presence on the team this year and help interceptions and unbelieveable touchdowns happen. Well....ya never know!!

I was given a gift today through a passage I read in some Sufi book that is way over my head. This is the title of the book to give you an idea of its density: "Upgrading the Operating System of the Soul - A Manual of Quantum Sufism" by Donald Weiner. I'll let you know if I actually finish it! But I digress... this passage is actually very understandable. The author lost his son at an early age and has written down, along with his wife...the communication that they feel is from him. Where the communication comes from doesn't concern me. But the message is comforting.
Dad,
You can find me in that well-relaxed breath that you take on the innerness of your heartbeat...Feel me as a support all you think and do-a similar note underlaying or overlaying your own. Can you fall into my beingness beyond concepts or thoughts to know how I am and how I perceive? Break down any preconceptions again and again until your inner sense is very fine-grained and plaible, soft and sensitive so you can feel my breathing-just beyond your own.


"...like a similar note underlaying or overlaying your own..."

Let's see how the notes and football plays today underlay and overlay the Notre Dame team's efforts. GO IRISH!!!!!